Based on the misuse of formalin case as tofu and wet noodle preservative, described as follows:
- Through the effective intra sector cooperation therefore the link of formalin distribution had been cut off so that the cycle of formalin in recent could be better managed. Based on NADFC’s investigation in the whole of Indonesia, now days were difficult to found the formalin sale of personal that could be misused as tofu and wet noodle’s preservative.
- NADFC through its regional NADFC’s offices, had conducted product sampling and laboratory testing regarding tofu and wet noodle which included 2.567 samples, consist of 1.570 samples of tofu and 997 samples of wet noodle. Sample’s taking not only made in the province but so did in the region of the province. Sampling made by regional NADFC’s in the whole of Indonesia except Nangroe Aceh Darussalam (NAD) which is still in process of sample’s taking in some of NADFC’s region in recent.
- Based on sampling and laboratory testing result which had been conducted by the NADFC for the 1.570 tofu products founded that 1.540 samples or 98,09% formalin uncontained and 30 samples or 1,91% formalin contained. With regard to those sampling and laboratory testing resulted that Medan, Padang, Jambi, Bengkulu, Yogyakarta, Semarang, Palangkaraya, Banjarmasin, Samarinda, Manado, Palu, Makassar, Denpasar, Mataram, Kupang, Ambon dan Jayapura founded entirely anymore the formalin on tofu’s product. Whereas in 7 regions founded the sample contain of formalin in small amounts they are:a)Pekanbaru from 77 samples formalin contain is 1 sample (1,30%)
b)Palembang from 17 samples formalin contain is 1 sample (5,88%)
c)Bandar Lampung from 122 samples formalin contain are 6 samples (4,92%)
d)Jakarta from 51 samples formalin contain is 1 sample (1,96%)
e)Bandung from 76 samples formalin contain is 1 sample (1,32%)
f)Pontianak from 109 samples formalin contain are 6 samples (5,50%)
g)Surabaya from 54 samples formalin contain are are 4 samples (7,41%)
Based on sampling and laboratory testing result, have been known that Kendari was the highest of tofu’s product sample formalin contain namely from 96 samples formalin contain were 10 samples (10,42%).
- Whereas for the wet noodle based on laboratory testing result from 997 samples known that 973 samples (97,59%) formalin uncontain and 24 samples (2,41%) formalin contain. The region where its wet noodle product was entirely formalin uncontain namely: Medan, Padang, Jambi, Palembang, Bengkulu, Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Semarang, Palangkaraya, Banjarmasin, Samarinda, Manado, Palu, Makassar, Denpasar, Mataram, Kupang, Ambon dan Jayapura. Whereas in 5 regions founded that sample formalin contain in small amount, e.g.:a)Pekanbaru from 41 samples formalin contain is 1 sample (2,44%)
b)Bandung from 51 samples formalin contain is 1 sample (1,96%)
c)Surabaya from 46 samples formalin contain are 3 samples (6,52%)
d)Pontianak from 65 samples formalin contain are 4 samples (61,5%)
e)Kendari from 72 samples formalin contain are 3 samples (4,17%)
Based on sampling and laboratory testing result, wet noodle product have been known that Bandar Lampung was the highest of wet noodle sample formalin contain namely from 80 samples which formalin contain was 12 samples (15,00%).
- NADFC collaboration with many parties, in particular with the Province Government and District Government, will continuously do the utmost effort in order to prevent the misused of formalin as the preservative of food in tofu and wet noodle that will not happen anymore.
- To producer, distributor and retailer of formalin, NADFC asked not to sell formalin anymore to food producer with any reasons. And to producer and distributor of food include tofu and wet noodle, NADFC asked not to use formalin as food preservative with any reasons. The misused of formalin as food preservative will get maximum sanction of 5 (five) years in prison and maximum fine Rp 600 million based on Food Law No. 7 year 1996 by conducting the misused of formalin could endanger consumer safety.
The information above is important to be informed to wide society to get their attention.
| ||Jakarta, 24 Januari 2006 |
Head of National Agency of Drug and Food Control